Glaucoma (कालापानी )
What is Glaucoma?Glaucoma is a medical condition in which the optic nerve that sends the image to a person’s brain is damaged due to excessive intraocular pressure build inside the eyes. The damage of optic nerves results in eyesight weakness, vision-loss which can be permanent if not detected earlier. Glaucoma can be termed as a hereditary problem however it is generally detected in the later years of a person’s life as people show no early symptoms/pain. That is why it is recommended to visit your eye doctor regularly to diagnose and start Glaucoma eye treatment before it could damage your eyesight permanently.
Who is at risk for Glaucoma?
- Glaucoma is normally observed to affect adults over 40 years of age, however, children, infants, and young adults are also not new to the risk of Glaucoma
- People with hereditary Glaucoma/family history
- People suffering from far-sightedness or near-sightedness
- Have Poor vision
- People with Diabetes
- High blood pressure, heart diseases, sickle cell anaemia
- High eye pressure
- On drugs for seizures, bladder control, cold remedies
- Had head or eye injury in the past
- Thinner corneas than the usual
- African American people are observed to get affected by Glaucoma at a younger age and are prone to vision loss
- People of Irish, African American, Russian, Japanese, Hispanic, Inuit or Scandinavian descent
Common Symptoms of Glaucoma?
Glaucoma is also known as the “sneak thief of vision” because its symptoms develop late or don’t have any symptoms.
- Frequent change in the eyeglass numbers, headache, redness of eyes, and pain
- Pain around the eyes after coming from dark place to bright light (cinema hall to outside open area)
- Hazy eyes especially in infants
- Upset stomach/vomiting
- Coloured halo rings are seen around the light bulbs in the night and mornings.
- Reduced vision at nights or in less light/dim light is a significant glaucoma symptom
- A gradual decrease of side vision
Types of Glaucoma:
- Open-Angle Glaucoma: Also known as Wide-Angle Glaucoma, in this, the aqueous humour fluid doesn’t flow out normally in the drain structure of the patient’s eye. The trabecular meshwork might look fine but due to some problem, it stops working fine.
- Angle-Closure Glaucoma: It is observed more in Asia and is also known as acute/chronic angle-closure/ narrow-angle glaucoma. The eyes don’t drain like it should because the drain space between the iris and cornea becomes too narrow causing pressure buildup in your eyes. This type of glaucoma is also linked to cataracts and farsightedness.
- Low-Tension or Normal-Tension Glaucoma: When the eye pressure is normal still a person has a blind spot in his vision or damaged optic nerve. It is sometimes considered a form of open-angle glaucoma.
- Congenital Glaucoma: people are born with defective eye angle which slows down the drainage of fluid in the eye. These people exhibit symptoms like light sensitivity, cloudy eyes, or excessive tearing.
- Secondary Glaucoma: It is developed when other health problems like diabetes, cataract or high -blood pressure causes pressure increase on the optic nerve.
Treatment of Glaucoma:
- Medicines: Medicines is the first resort adopted by doctors for glaucoma treatment at an initial stage. The doctors generally prescribe eye drops, pills, carbonic anhydrase inhibitors or beta-blocker to regulate the drainage of fluids in the eyes or control excessive fluid formation.
- Laser Trabeculoplasty: This treatment works well for both conditions namely open-angle glaucoma and angle-closure glaucoma. Laser trabeculoplasty opens the drainage area in the eye. A high-intensity beam of light is set on the target area to make evenly spaced burns that will open the fluid drainage holes in the meshwork.
- Glaucoma filtering surgery: In glaucoma surgery, a new opening for the fluids to flow properly in the eye is made via surgery. A small tissue is removed to create a new passage for the fluid to drain properly in the eye.
Why Choose 3D Vision for your Glaucoma Treatment?
If you wish for a clear vision you need a good doctor and the best treatment, right!!! We have it all for you here at Vision 3D eye hospital in Jaipur including state of the art infrastructure facilities, the latest technologies and tools, a team of skilled technicians and years of experience.
Why else you should choose us? Because we believe in providing quality medical service to everyone and we understand your struggle for gaining a clear vision. We have:
✔️ Thousands of successful patient treatment record
✔️ Effective and immediate treatment in the budget
✔️ Medical ethics and safety of patients is the core priority
✔️ Skilled medical staff and a team of technicians
✔️ Strictly abide by the corona guidelines and maintains hygiene
✔️ One of a kind super eye speciality hospital with ace glaucoma specialist in Jaipur
✔️ All types of eye treatment are available under a single roof.